What is it?
Who is it for?
How does it help?
Students have the opportunity to:
- Experience hands-on learning
- "Test-drive" career options
- See the relevance of their classroom learning
- Develop the essential skills and habits required in the workplace
- Gain valuable work experience to help build a resumé for postsecondary programs and future employment
How to Apply for Coop:
- Complete the application below:
Hello, Future Co-op Students!
I am Mrs. DiCola (email@example.com) and I am so excited to be part of one of your most memorable and life-changing high school experiences, of being part of a unique and tailored co-op experience. Each one of you will be in a class where all of you will be part of a different co-op workplace, meeting and working with new people and building your skills and knowledge. Please complete the forms below that are required for acceptance and planning for your co-operative education placement. Plan for 20-45 minutes to complete the CCH COOP forms. Complete steps 1-3 below.
One of the most common questions and concerns students have is about their co-op placement- where you will work for two consecutive periods during a school day. There isn't a list of placements where I just "place" you in, it is far more structured than that. You and I will work together to secure you a placement, you need to research where and why you want to work at a particular workplace (Application Form). Co-op placements typically require a student interview to secure a workplace.
I am here to support and guide you. I am best reached by email.
Step 1: CCH Co-op Application LINK HERE Due by April 15.
- Click on the above link to complete the application
- Please note that specialty programs such as the Navy/Military and London Hospitals (LHSC)/London City Police have their own co-op application process (see Helpful Links found at the bottom of this page) that will need to be completed by June. You will need to complete their online forms and respect their due dates. Teachers are not permitted to complete these forms or we are not even given any updates on application status. All communication is done with the organization and the student. I can answer your questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NOTE: Police Co-op placements and Hospital Placements may look different or may not be able to occur if the Covid-19 crisis continues. UPDATES will be posted in the Announcement of this D2L.
Step 2: CCH Co-op Teacher Reference Due by April 15
- Link to CCH Staff Email List
- You may have already done this as it was listed in your above application- just in case you missed it...Copy and paste this link https://forms.gle/iBZRDcrPY88kDqbg6 and email both myself email@example.com and your two teachers of your choice (from this school year) that you feel would provide you with a strong recommendation to take coop.
- If you are part of the SHSM Non-Profit or SHSM Hospitality & Tourism- you are not required to do this as you have already been interviewed and accepted by the Lead Teachers.
Step 3: 20-21 CCH Co-op Interview LINK HERE Due by April 15
- The above link is the interview we would have had together at CCH- you may find some questions are similar to the application, I am aware but you need to be clear on your co-op pathway interests and I use the forms for different reasons.
Canadian Armed Forces- How to Apply
London Hospital Application
- St. Joseph's Hospital- Volunteering Application Website
- Application is found on the webpage
- LHSC- London Health Science Centre (All other Hospitals in London)- Volunteer Website
- Please Note: information regarding High School co-op placement applications has not yet been updated.
- As of now, no volunteer or co-op students are working in hospitals during the Covid-19 crisis.