Librarian: L. Crawford
Writing Style Guides
About your Library
The Catholic Central Library is managed by a professional librarian, Mrs. Crawford, who can assist you in finding both print and online information. The library is open from 7:45 until 3:45, but closed between 11:30 and 12:30.
Your Library is the place to be when you want a quiet area in which to work or read. It is a large and inviting space with over 13 worktables, 10 study carrels, and a lounge area for comfortable reading. There are over 11,000 books available for loan, an extensive reference collection for use in the library, 20 subscriptions to magazines and journals, and several on-line databases for research. There are 18 computer workstations available for your use (when not booked by a class). An additional two computers are reserved for quick access to the online library catalogue
Every student in the school receives $5.00 (50 sheets) of printing credits at the beginning of each semester. If you run out of print credits, you can purchase more in the library for 10 cents a page.
The Library is home to the Crusaders are Awesome bulletin board which is updated daily with newspaper and magazine clippings about members of the CCH family – students (past and present), their parents and siblings, staff and their families.
Library Mission Statement:
To provide access to a variety of information resources and services that supports the Catholic curriculum and the school community.
- Library Etiquette @ your library
- The library is an area for quiet research, studying and reading.
- The capacity of the library is restricted to the number of chairs.
- Student cards are required for borrowing items.
- Do not use your card to take out books for other students.
- Load period for items is 3 weeks – you can renew items.
- If overdue books exist, borrowing privileges are suspended.
- Overdue notices are sent to homerooms.
- If overdue notices are not responded to, calls are made home.
- Lost or damaged book replacement charges apply.
- Do not re-shelve books – leave them on tables or flat on shelf.
- Return newspaper and magazines to their racks.
- Computers are for school work and browsing – no gaming or chatting allowed.
- Food and drink, including water bottles, are not allowed in the library.
- When leaving the library, push in chair and tidy up workspace.
- Double your pleasure – borrow 2 books for the weekend!
See you @ your library!